Call or Text Us Today! (928) 753-6868

Legal News

Kingman Municipal Court Offering Amnesty for Outstanding Warrants

Posted by Shawn B. Hamp | Mar 30, 2012 | 0 Comments

The Kingman Municipal Court is making an offer you can't refuse.  If you have an outstanding warrant and you turn yourself into the Court, you “Won't Go To Jail” (well at least for that day).  The Court is publishing a link with a list of all the defendants who have an outstanding warrant and are eligible.  If all you have to pay are fines, you don't even need to see a judge, you can just make payment arrangements with the clerk.  The program is running through February, March, and April of 2012.

The Kingman Municipal Court is a court of limited jurisdiction.  It handles all criminal misdemeanor, and civil traffic cases in the city limits.  It is located at 310 N. 4th st. in Downtown Kingman, AZ.  When a defendant fails to appear for a court proceeding or doesn't pay a court ordered fine, warrants are usually issued for that person's arrest.  A police officer that contacts an individual with an outstanding warrant must arrest that person and have them seen by the magistrate within 24 hours.

Jail sucks.  You never want yourself or a loved one to loose their liberty and suffer the indignity of being incarcerated.  Many government agencies don't like jail either.  It cost money to house inmates.  The newly built Mohave County Jail at 501 West. Hwy 66 in Kingman near Interstate 40 was constructed to potentially house over 1,000 inmates.  The 242,00 square foot facility was built at the cost of $72 million dollars.  The county government is trying to recoup those cost and they are doing that through the local city governments that use the facility services.  The county government charges the municipal government approximately $98 a day per inmate.  The cost have been so significant that Kingman now ships its inmates to La Paz County to save costs.

The good news is that you don't have to look over your shoulder any longer waiting for the fuzz to pop you if you go to court first.  My advice to all my clients who have an outstanding warrant is to get your head out of the sand and go to court to get your warrants cleared up.  If you have any outstanding warrant, it is usually advisable to contact a lawyer first to evaluate your situation.  For more information about the Kingman Municipal Court Warrant Program, contact the court at (928) 753-8193.

If you have been arrested for DUI or criminal charges in Mohave County contact the Law Offices of Shawn B. Hamp, for a Free Case Evaluation at (928) 753-6868. Speak directly with experienced Arizona criminal Defense and DUI Defense Attorney and Shawn B. Hamp (Former Prosecutor).

The Law Office of Shawn B. Hamp is focused to defending DUI, Drug & criminal charges in Arizona, within Northwestern Arizona and Mohave County including the cities of Kingman, Bullhead City, and Lake Havasu City Arizona.

This post was intended to provide general information only and is not intended as specific legal advice. You should not rely upon this information alone, but should consult legal counsel regarding the application of the laws and regulations discussed and as applied to your specific case or circumstances.

About the Author

Shawn B. Hamp

President and lead counsel for The Hamp Law Offices, LLC (An Arizona Professional Corporation), Shawn Hamp has practiced law for more than 15 years with an emphasis in criminal law. An experienced trial attorney, Mr. Hamp has been lead counsel in hundreds of criminal trials and court...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Us Today

If you have been arrested or charged with a crime, you may be feeling frightened, anxious, and uncertain of what your future holds. The competent and experienced attorneys at the Hamp Law Offices can help you during this difficult time. We are dedicated to fighting for the rights of our clients and providing excellent legal representation to those who have been accused of a crime. Contact our firm today to discuss your case.