For individuals that are awaiting trial in La Paz County and unable to post bond or defendants serving a term of incarceration as a term of probation, the La Paz County Jail becomes their temporary home. Being locked up in the county jail can be a very isolating experience. Fortunately family and friends of defendants have the opportunity to visit their loved ones who are locked up. These visits can bring welcome comfort to a situation that is usually filled with great despair.
La Paz County Jail Location
The La Paz County Jail is located in Parker, Arizona on1109 W Arizona Ave. The jail is adjoined with the La Paz County Sheriff's Office and in the same complex as the La Paz County Superior Courthouse. It houses inmates who are incarcerated under court orders for all municipalities in La Paz County Arizona (Parker, Quartzite, and Salome), Justice Courts, and the La Paz County Superior Court.
The jail is open to the public 24 hours a day. It processes new inmates any time of day and those individuals can post bond and bail anytime as well to be released while awaiting trial. The visitation hours are limited however to Wednesday and Saturday for male inmates and Tuesday and Sunday for female inmates. Jail visitation hours vary and are based on the classification of each inmate. Visitation must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Visits can be made two times a week, with each visit lasting no more than 30 minutes.
La Paz County Jail Visitation Rules
The La Paz County Jail has several rules and regulations. The entire set of rules and guidelines can be found here, but the following are highlights of these regulations:
- Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Valid Photograph ID is required. All visitors will be subject to the Arizona Criminal Justice Information system review before visits are approved.
- All visitors will be subject to search and seizure before entering the Visiting area
- No food or drinks, camera, cell phones, purses, bags, fanny packs, or containers of any kind are permitted in the Visiting area
- All visitors will store all personal items in their vehicles
- All visits are recorded.
- Vandalism or attempts to damage the Facility will result in the termination of the visit and criminal prosecution.
The Law Offices of Shawn B. Hamp proudly serves clients throughout Northwestern Arizona including La Paz, Yavapai and Mohave County. His office is located conveniently in Kingman, Arizona near Hualapai Mt. Road and Andy Devine. Mr. Hamp and his team serve criminal cases in municipal and state courts in Kingman, Bullhead City, Lake Havasu City, Parker, Prescott, Seligman, and the surrounding areas or Arizona. Contact us at (928) 753-6868 or (866) 490-HAMP today for a free case evaluation.