Mohave County Jail Information You Should Know
Anyone Arrested for a Misdemeanor or Felony Crime in Mohave County will be Booked at the Mohave County Jail.
The jail is a 242,000 square foot facility and houses 688 beds in pod style living configurations.
The facility is configured so that future expansion is possible for a total of 1,100 beds. The project cost for the facility was $72 million dollars.
Inmates at the jail are held on Misdemeanor and Felony Charges
The majority of inmates held at the Mohave County Jail have been charged with or sentenced for Arizona misdemeanor crimes including Driving Under the Influence (DUI), Shoplifting, Crimes of Domestic Violence.
Many inmates are also charged with serious felony offenses including the crimes of possession of dangerous drugs, possession of dangerous drugs for sale, Transportation of Marijuana For Sale, theft, trafficking in stolen property, sexual misconduct, aggravated assault, and murder/homicide offenses.
Felony inmates may be awaiting a trial date or serving a jail sentence as a term of felony supervised probation.
Suspects arrested for misdemeanors or felonies in Mohave County are booked at the facility after an arrest until a bond is set by the Justice of the Peace.
Pursuant to Rule 4.1 of the Arizona Rules of Criminal Procedure, a person arrested shall be taken before a magistrate without unnecessary delay and shall be released if not seen within twenty-four (24) hours.
Jail Contact Information
The Mohave County Jail can be reached at (928) 753-0759.
The hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The public can call for inmate information or bond inmates out twenty-four (24) hours a day – seven (7) days a week.
The jail is located at 501 S. Highway 66 in Kingman, Arizona.
1. How to bail out an inmate at the Mohave County Jail
Persons in custody at the Mohave County Jail in Kingman, Arizona may be bailed out twenty-four hours a day.
Outsiders may post bail either in person or through a bail bondsman.
The jail accepts cash or money orders, but note that money orders have to be in the exact, full amount and made out to the proper Court.
People can bring bail money to the Mohave County Jail Lobby at 501 S. Highway 66 in Kingman, Arizona.
For further information on how to bail out an inmate from the Mohave County Jail, call the jail at (928) 753-0759.
Note: The Jail no longer accepts cash or money orders directly to bail inmates from the Mohave County Jail. Cash may be used at the jail facility with the touch pay kiosk but a 10% fee applies and all funds become the property of the inmate it is deposited for. A bond amount may also be paid at the clerk of the court that imposes the bond during court business hours.
Mohave County Bail Bond Companies
Bert's Bail Bonds
1285 Hancock Rd. #A
Bullhead City, AZ 86442
Sanctuary Bail Bonds
1102 W. McDowell Rd. Suite B Phoenix, AZ 85007
Breakout Bail Bonds
303 Metcalfe Rd.
Kingman, AZ 86401
Glenda's Bail Bonds
(Serving Lake Havasu City Area)
2. Locating an inmate at the Mohave County Jail
To determine whether someone you know is currently in custody at the Mohave County Jail in Kingman, Arizona, you may call the jail at (928) 753-0759 twenty-four hours a day.
A list of a current inmate at the Mohave County Jail can be accessed online.
Visit the Mohave County Website http://www.mohavecounty.us and click on the Mohave County Jail Inmate Search Page.
3. Phoning an inmate at the Mohave County Jail
Inmates have access to phones during the day where they may make collect calls to landlines.
Outside people may set up a prepaid account through IC Solutions at www.ICsolutions.com
As with most jails, outside persons may not call a person in custody at the Mohave County Jail.
Video: Mohave County Jail Costs
4. Visiting an inmate at the Mohave County Jail
The following are the visitation rules posted by the Mohave County Jail:
THIS IS A GOVERNMENT FACILITY. APPROPRIATE AND DECENT ATTIRE IS REQUIRED TO VISIT IN THIS GOVERNMENT FACILITY. THOSE NOT DRESSED APPROPRIATELY WILL NOT BE GRANTED VISITATION.
- VALID PHOTOGRAPHIC ID IS REQUIRED TO SIGN UP.
- VISITORS MUST BE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE TO VISIT. VISITORS TEN (10) YEARS OF AGE TO SEVENTEEN (17) YEARS OF AGE MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN. PROOF OF GUARDIANSHIP MUST BE PROVIDED AT SIGN-UP. (IE. BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR BIRTH PARENTS. LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP PAPERS FOR NON-BIRTH PARENTS).
- ALL VISITORS WILL BE SUBJECT TO ARIZONA CRIMINAL JUSTICE INFORMATION SYSTEM REVIEW BEFORE VISITS ARE APPROVED.
- ALL VISITORS WILL BE SUBJECT TO SEARCH AND SEIZURE BEFORE ENTERING THE VISITING AREA.
- ALL VISITS ARE LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF TWENTY (20) MINUTES PER DAY.
- NO FOOD, DRINKS, CAMERAS, CELL PHONES, PURSES, BAGS, FANNY PACKS, OR CONTAINERS OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED IN THE VISITING AREA.
- ALL VISITORS WILL STORE ALL PERSONAL ITEMS IN THEIR VEHICLES OR THE LOCKERS PROVIDED IN THE LOBBY FOR THAT PURPOSE.
- VISITORS ARE NOT TO ENTER THE VISITING AREA UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO BY FACILITY STAFF.
- ALL VISITORS WILL PASS THROUGH THE METAL DETECTOR BEFORE ENTERING THE VISITING AREA.
- ONLY ONE VISITOR IS PERMITTED AT EACH VISITING BOOTH AT A TIME.
- ONCE A VISITOR LEAVES THE VISITING AREA THE VISIT IS TERMINATED AND WILL NOT BE RESTARTED.
- ALL VISITS ARE SUBJECT TO RECORDING
- VANDALISM OR ATTEMPTS TO DAMAGE THE VIDEO VISITATION EQUIPMENT WILL RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF THE VISIT AND CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- BE ADVISED, IF YOU ARE ON PAROLE OR PROBATION, AND ATTEMPTING TO VISIT AN INMATE YOU MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF THE TERMS OF YOUR PAROLE OR PROBATION AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO PROSECUTION.
THE VISITING SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
THE ADMINISTRATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE VISITING FOR ANYONE
VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE RULES WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF VISITATION
5. Sending mail to an inmate at the Mohave County Jail
Kingman, AZ 86401
Video: Mohave County Jail Detention Officer Recruitment Video
6. Transferring funds to an inmate at the Mohave County Jail
Funds may be placed on an inmate's books immediately.
The facility may take a portion of funds to pay a daily jail fee.
Inmate Account Funding
Facility Locator: 286401
- Telephone 1-866-232-1899
- Online: www.touchpaydirect.com or https://www.gtlfsonlinepay.com/
- Kiosk: Located in the Main Jail Lobby
Note: TouchPay charges a 10% convenience fee for all deposits.
Books and Magazines must be mailed to the facility by a book store or publisher.
7. How to release property belonging to inmates at the Mohave County Jail
An inmate may release personal property to friends and relatives by notifying the jail staff with authorization “via kite”.
Once the authorization is received you can contact the Mohave County Jail to make arrangements for the release of personal property.
8. Medical and personal needs at the Mohave County Jail
All inmates at the Mohave County Jail are provided orange uniforms to wear during their incarceration.
If a person in custody at the Mohave County Jail requires medical care, the jail administrators will make an appointment with a physician or dentist.
The facility has an on-site nursing medical facility and has a staff psychiatrist.
Eyeglasses can be accepted on behalf of an inmate Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Getting Legal Help
If a friend or someone you care about has been booked at the Mohave County Jail call The Law Offices of Shawn B. Hamp at (928) 753-6868 or 1 (866)-490-HAMP for a free initial case evaluation.
We can help you navigate the bail process and answer your questions.
We will work to get your loved ones out of custody and represent them in their criminal cases.
Our office represents clients throughout Northwestern Arizona, including Kingman, Lake Havasu, and Bullhead City, Arizona.